They are ready for a full-day program but still need the care and attention appropriate for their age. The Junior Fiddleheads will explore all aspects of our farm while engaging in nature rich activities led by experienced staff. Our hands-on activities are perfect for the emerging explorers of our natural world! Every day your children will engage in new activities to broaden their world and nurture their connections to nature, history, farm life and ecology. Adventures on our farm and in our woods will inspire and educate your children while letting them be themselves and explore their natural curiosities.
a weekly experience
Junior Fiddleheads Summer Camp is designed for 5-6 year-olds
GOOD CLEAN FUN
Here at Fernbrook Farms, your kids might get a little dirty
To be honest, they are going to get dirty for sure, but that’s what happens when kids are truly active and experience nature firsthand! Our goal is that each child leaves our farm with a sixth sense, a sense of appreciation of the natural world, agriculture, and healthy lifestyles.
so much to do
Fun-filled Fernbrook activities might include:
- exploring the creeks looking for water bugs and fossils
- harvesting and eating fresh vegetables from our Children’s Garden
- crafting musical instruments from natural objects
- making ice cream with fresh milk and fruit
- feeding and caring for the farm animals
- capturing grasshoppers and caterpillars in the meadow
- catching frogs at the pond
- making volcanoes with clay from the creek
- collecting eggs from our hen house
- building a shelter and learning about wilderness survival
- digging up historical artifacts and learning about NJ history
- cooking in a solar oven
- …wishing the day wouldn’t come to an end
TIMING IS EVERYTHING
An optional nine week long session
Your children may join us for one week or as many weeks as you wish. Days begin at 8:30am and run until 4:00pm with extended care available before and after the camp day. Healthy snacks are provided and campers are expected to bring a nutritious lunch.
Camp is a time to experience new things, try a hand at the unexpected and make life-long friendships to cherish every summer. Register early to take full advantage of all discounts!
“My daughter has been attending summer camp at Fernbrook for the past three summers. She enjoys the outdoors and looks forward to camp each year. The counselors are very nice and work well with the kids. I can tell she has a great time by how dirty she is when she gets home”