For children ages 6–11, this provides an enriching experience unlike any other. Every day your children will choose from new activities to broaden their world and nurture their connections to nature, history, farm life and ecology. Adventures on our farm and in our woods will inspire and educate your children while still letting them be themselves. Experienced staff with college degrees will guide your children in structured groups of no more than ten.
a weekly experience
Fiddlehead Day Camp is offered weekly during the summer
good clean fun
Here at Fernbrook, your kids might get a little dirty
To be honest, they are going to get dirty for sure, but that’s what happens when kids are truly active and experience nature firsthand! Our goal is that each child leaves our farm with a sixth sense, a sense of appreciation of the natural world, agriculture, and healthy lifestyles.
so much to do
Fun-filled Fernbrook activities might include
- exploring the creeks looking for water bugs and fossils
- harvesting and eating fresh vegetables from our Children’s Garden
- navigating the woods with a compass and map
- crafting musical instruments from natural objects
- making ice cream with fresh milk and fruit
- feeding and caring for the farm animals
- capturing grasshoppers and caterpillars in the meadow
- starting a campfire with a bow drill
- spinning wool from sheep
- catching frogs at the pond
- making volcanoes with clay from the creek
- collecting eggs from our hen house
- building a shelter and learning about wilderness survival
- digging up historical artifacts and learning about NJ history
- cooking in a solar oven
- …wishing the day wouldn’t come to an end
timing is everything
An optional nine week long session
Fernbrook Farms Environmental Education Center offers Fiddlehead Day Camp (age 6-11) and Young Stewards Summer Camp (age 12-14) weekly for 9 weeks during the summer. Your children may join us for one week or as many weeks as you wish. Days begin at 8:30am and run until 4:00pm with extended care available before and after the camp day. Healthy snacks are provided and campers are expected to bring a nutritious lunch.
Camp is a time to experience new things, try a hand at the unexpected and make life-long friendships to cherish every summer.
Each day of camp holds a new and exciting adventure. It’s good, wholesome fun and learning . . . and my daughter comes home with great stories and a smiles on her face every day. The only thing that would make Fernbrook’s Summer camp better is if I could attend.